Wednesday, May 18, 2011

xc - COTD3

Here I would like to write my opinion about the scienctific museum " Bodies Exhibit" (BE) where I've been last weekend. The museum is located in a beautiful place in downtown of the New York City near the sea port. There were a lot of people(tourists and just a residents of NYC) who were visiting this museum.It shows that the museum is a very famous and many people know about it. The main idea of the museum is to show us the human body from inside with interesting facts of that. As I remember in the first room of the BE I saw two skeletons which were doing different actions and I observed their movement to see how our muscles are working when we are move. The very important fact of this museum is that all exihibits there are  real and that makes it tottaly the same to our body. Also on the liitle table I read the intersting fact that if all our muscles are work together, we could lift the weight almost the 10 tons. In the next room we can see the brains and the breathing system of the human and the best thing of this room is a place where we can compare lungs of the normal and smoking person and we can see that the person who is smooking has an issue with his breathing system and in front of this showcase is a big plastic cube where everybody who is smoking could drop their pack of cigarretes and there were about one hundred packs in it. I was really surprised when I saw it. My favorite room is the blood circulation and pulse room. This room is made with a red light from many screens which shows the blood circulation and we can hear the pulse noise from there which makes us feel like we are inside the body. I enjoyed the trip to this museum because I have never been before in the place like that. We could learn many interesting and smart things from there which we will never forget because this is a real bodies like we have and all things are true.


Some people may have problems with the exhibit because it puts people that have died in front of others like a spectacle.  They think that this does not show respect for the dead people and uses them to make money.  It is also possible that some of the bodies are of prisoners or murdered people, so it seems wrong to make money from their deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment