Wednesday, May 18, 2011

xc - COTD1

Last weeked I walked around the Linden Hill Cemetery and New York City Marble Cemetery. Unfortunately it was a rainy day but it didn't affect my opinion about these places.The cemetries are always silent and and very well-kept. Every thing is done well: clean roads, green trees and nice bushes. When I walked around it, I started to think about the people who been here before and why they had been there. The people who came to the cemetary all express a different emotion. Some cry because they miss the person who passed away and others just come to speak to them as if they are still alive.  But all people come to the cemetary for one main reason, to keep the memory of a loved friend or family member alive.


The cemetry also gives us an ability to imagine the funeral process of each grave. You try to guess what happened to this person by looking at the dates of his dead and how many years he or she lived on this world. I believe that cemetaries are a home for our souls and when we're coming to the grave of the person we knew before, we can speak to them. This is normal because most of the people think that thay could hear us but could not respond. Cemetary is a place which is located between our world and the God that we believe in. I really enjoyed walking there because for twenty minutes I forgot any problem that I have in my life and relaxed by looking around the beatiful place. As I respectfully walked around, I felt very peaceful.

When I was there, I realized how the cemetaries change throughout life. When I was very young, I was very afraid of them and never wanted to go there.  I just imagined all of the dead people under the ground that I walk on.  Now that I am older I understand why they are important.  They give people a chance to say goodbye to their family members and friends and remember them forever. When people become even older than I am now, they begin to plan for death by buying graves in cemetaries.  They try to find places next to their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment